Different Types of Outdoor Furniture and How to Create the Perfect Setup
With the summer months on the horizon, it’s the perfect time to create an outdoor living space that’s in sync with your lifestyle and unique design taste. Whether you’ll be hosting family cookouts, catching up with friends, or just lounging around, choosing the right outdoor furniture pieces will set the scene for comfort and versatility.
From deep comfy seating to hammocks, bar stools, and bistro sets, there are many types of outdoor furniture options to ponder. Here are a few of our favorite outdoor furniture trends to help you create the perfect setup.
Outdoor chairs and alternative seating options are at the core of any exterior entertainment area. Not one chair fits all, so luckily there are several designs to sink yourself into!
- Outdoor Arm Chairs. Nestle two or four chairs together with a couple of side tables to cozy up for coffee break or late afternoon cocktails. Easily move the party around or use these chairs for extra seating at an outdoor dining table.
- Outdoor Chair with Ottoman. Kick up your feet or put an ottoman on double duty as extra seating.
- Outdoor Rocking Chairs. The perfect place to get swept away with a good book or a beautiful sunset.
- Adirondack Chairs. Set a grouping of Adirondack chairs around a fire pit and enjoy making smores with friends. These staple seating options are simple yet versatile.
- Hammocks. Sway yourself into slumber to the sounds of music and chirping birds.
- Chaise Lounge. Add a little “spa” treatment to your outdoor space with fully reclining lounges.
- Patio Stools. Belly-up to the minibar or deck rail with versatile and trendy stool seating.
- Bench Seating. Mix and match chairs and bench seating for maximum capacity around outdoor dining sets. Benches save the day for birthday parties and large get-togethers.
- Patio Sectionals. Seat a large crowd with a living room-inspired sectional.
- Outdoor Loveseats. Make some room for extra company with a cozy two-seater.
Outdoor tables provide a space for refreshments, meals, hors d’oeuvres, and décor. There are several tables shapes and sizes.
- Outdoor Coffee Tables. These are a perfect place for drinks, snacks, and outdoor décor.
- Outdoor Side Tables. Switch up your patio arrangement with a portable side table.
- Outdoor Dining Tables. Host dinner parties, Sunday brunch, and family mealtimes with a roomy dining table.
- Outdoor Fire Pit Tables. Warm-up with an instant fire and a glass of wine underneath the stars. These make for the ultimate storytime setting!
- Outdoor Patio Console Tables. Add extra surface space for condiments, paper goods, drinks, platters, reading material, or whatever your heart desires.
Outdoor Patio Sets
One and done! Get the whole package with a complete set for dining, entertaining, and relaxing outdoors. Investing in any type of patio set will be worthwhile.
- Outdoor Dining Sets. Create the ultimate dining experience for family and friends with a matching dining set.
- Outdoor Bar and Bar Stools. Set the mood for a cocktail party with an outdoor bar and bar stools. This trendy setup adds fun and flair to your backyard or patio.
- Outdoor Bistro Sets. Plan an intimate breakfast or an elegant afternoon tea time with a friend. A quaint addition to any outdoor space, bistro sets are a trending must-have.
Contact Porch & Patio for More Versatile Outdoor Patio Furniture Set Up Ideas
Outdoor living space trends extend your home’s entertainment footprint. Whether you’re hosting family, friends, parties, or cookouts, any outdoor deck and patio furniture enhances the experience. Find everything you need at Porch & Patio! For more patio furniture ideas, contact our team or visit Porch & Patio today.
Sign up for the latest news